Just got my first ducks

Quote:
The ducklings are only about 2 weeks old. Watching a thing on Youtube (You know, the upmost expert in everything ha ha j/k) one person said you can pretty much tell which is a male by the coloring, even as babies. The males will be a darker, more rich color, or in some breeds, have darker brown spots than the females. Of my two buffs, one is a bit darker yellow than the other one. just wondered if other people had found the same was true of their ducks. I am hoping they are all female as I want them for egg production, but won't cry too much if one turns out to be a drake.

I bought an all black duckling that I would've sworn was a black runner. Turned out to be a Rouen. He was black from head to toe as a duckling!

The golden 300 hybrid layer is leadin in egg production with 365 eggs per year +
smile.png

Last edited:
This is my runner duckling when it was 2 days old. Its not a black runner but should be blue or chocolate. From day 1 mine stood really tall and straight so you could deffinitly tell it was a runner. I hope this helps.

86908_41.jpg

Back
Top Bottom