Just got some babies, and confused on diet.

The better question would be will the eat them? none of my birds will, so I decided to switch feeds to get my protein down. Seriously, they ate around the oats, funniest thing.

Last edited:
I followed Holderread's model and gave mine chopped rolled oats from the beginning, so no problems with them eating the oats. I also supplemented with vitamin mix.

Well I guess tonight I'll try to get the oats so that they'll eat them. I'll just see how they compare to my other stuff, then I'll make sure that they work nicely.

It is a personal choice. I just mix the rolled oats as is, but some people do grind them up. I have found that there is less waste if they are not ground. Watch your ducks, if they seem to struggle with the rolled oats, consider grinding them. Otherwise, just make sure they have plenty of water in front of them. :) How are they all doing?

Oh, they are loving it. Our temperature has been a lot warmer lately and I've allowed them outdoor time. We have a "chicken time out pen" which we use, it is just a wood frame surrounded with chicken wire, nothing get in, nothing gets out. And they absolutely love it.

Back
Top Bottom