Just got some new hens- what breeds are they?

angelobutter

Songster
9 Years
Jul 27, 2010
Cornish NH
UPDATED PHOTOS ON SECOND PAGE

I just got 10 new hens and was wondering what breeds they are? I am pretty sure there is a barred rock, 3 rhode island reds, a brown leghorn and an araucana but the others are giving me more trouble i am thinking silver laced wyandotte and an australorp but the last two I have no idea. sorry their coop is a mess- it is all clean now. I had just dropped them in it while it was too dark to clean after picking them up but i cleaned it up today.

Last edited:
I see a silver laced and gold laced wyandotte a barred rock a production red and the white one with puffy checks might be an easter egger or ameracana does your black hen have a white earlobe?

The one on the top right looks like a gold laced wyandotte. I don't think you have an Auracana - the white bird is the one I'm assuming you're talking about and it doesn't seem to have tufts. Could be Ameraucana, but also could be Easter Egger.

I am thinking it is the white one in the nest box and it does have tufts I will see if i can get a better photo of her. I will update tomorrow

or if not tufts then there are fluffy feathers by her face anyways- i will get a better photo and that will help
Fluffy feathers around the beak, beards, are what Ameraucanas and Easter Eggers have. (and a couple of other breeds)

Tufts are huge feathers that stick out from their cheeks going towards the back of their heads.

Your looks like it has a beard.

Like this:

i know its a lot but can you take pics of individuals from the side as close as you can? be a lot easier to see the birds

i see silver and golden laced wyandottes, barred rock, and production reds...cant see all of them to say about some

yep they look more like the pic you posted. I will round everyone up and do a photo shoot tomorrow :) I love photography so hopefully they will sit still for me and I can get some good up close photos for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom