Just had an overwhelming feeling

Momagain1

Songster
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
Central IL
We have had a steady income for the last 13 yrs with DHs job at walgreens...

this upcoming Tuesday...is his last day...

they eliminated his position and a whole lotta junk went on...so he had a couple options; stay w/walgreens in a demoted position with 25% paycut but the SAME responsibilities; just a new name...OR stay with his "named position" and same rate of pay; but be moved around until the "new name" position ppl were hired to take his and the other mgrs position...then they would terminate him..

well he decided to keep his position/same rate of pay and now Tuesday is his last day...

I'm scared soooo crapless right now...
we have an online toystore..but its summer..sales are down about 75% ..its typical this time of yr...
I feel sick to my stomach...

we are losing insurance too...the kids can be covered on the state card...but he//I cannot and we will now have to forgo our medicines...my eldest DD is 21 and she will no longer have any diabetic meds covered and we honestly cannot afford them...
she is unable to work due to a mental disorder at this time..she is working with Dept. of Rehab services..BUT SSI will not approve her for coverage..she is not disabled enough...

I'm sick to my stomach and part of the meds that I will lost are my anxiety/panic attack meds..I have 6 pills left...no refills..so I'm gonna try to get to the doc on Monday and see if he can send in a script that day so I can at least get a refill b4 Tuesday..

I know in the end..God has ultimate control and I realize and depend/lean on that...but it just is hitting me really really hard right now...

hugs.gif

I dont have any answers but I will pray for you.

I would be very scared too.. :hugs
Does hubby have any other job leads? Does he maybe want to go to school for something? Maybe he can collect while going to school?
Sooo hard.. been there done that. :hugs

yeah..no he has no degree...
no other job leads..BUT he is planning on helping run the business so we can maybe take it to the next level...

<sigh> IT WILL work out..in the end!

Marshawn, maybe message me with what meds you take. My pharmacist is awesome and he found me an alternative that is on the $4 list. Seriously. I pay $12 a month for my meds.

And you KNOW it will work out. There is lesson for you guys somewhere in this. Try not to figure it out and give thanks where it is due. I can say that, as we have many difficult issues presently. Find your joy wherever you can and message me.

I am diabetic and until I went on medicare last Oct I had no drug coverage. I found a reliable on-line Canadian pharmacy which cost me 1/3 of what I was paying here. PM me for details if you want to.
Deb

yeah..no he has no degree... no other job leads..BUT he is planning on helping run the business so we can maybe take it to the next level... IT WILL work out..in the end!
Yeah,..it WILL! We went through this too.. Hubby is a sheet metal journey man... they just kept laying off... not enough work for all the guys.... you work a job and it puts you back at the bottom of the "work list"...so other guys can get a chance to work. ..etc.. We just couldnt live like that(even though he made very good money)... work for 3 months.. laid off for 6 months... work for 4 weeks... laid off for a year.. work for 6 months..etc.. And even though they paid all our health ins,.. after so many months laid off you lose the health insurance. I couldnt stand that feeling anymore. :barnie So on one of his lay-offs he went to Class A CDL school.. so now hes a truck driver... much less money... but they always need truck drivers. Its not perfect..but it gets us by right now.. He also still pays his union dues monthly just in case something ever happens with this new career.. he can always go back to the union.. Have hubby start to think of what he really wants to do career/school wise..(with-in unemployment time frame reason..) So at least if your toy business ever goes under you all will have something to fall back on... It WILL all work out in the end.. it always does.. Best wishes.. :hugs

Last edited:
Yeah,..it WILL!
We went through this too..
Hubby is a sheet metal journey man... they just kept laying off... not enough work for all the guys.... you work a job and it puts you back at the bottom of the "work list"...so other guys can get a chance to work. ..etc..
We just couldnt live like that(even though he made very good money)... work for 3 months.. laid off for 6 months... work for 4 weeks... laid off for a year.. work for 6 months..etc..
And even though they paid all our health ins,.. after so many months laid off you lose the health insurance. I couldnt stand that feeling anymore.
barnie.gif

So on one of his lay-offs he went to Class A CDL school.. so now hes a truck driver... much less money... but they always need truck drivers. Its not perfect..but it gets us by right now..
He also still pays his union dues monthly just in case something ever happens with this new career.. he can always go back to the union..
Have hubby start to think of what he really wants to do career/school wise..(with-in unemployment time frame reason..) So at least if your toy business ever goes under you all will have something to fall back on...
It WILL all work out in the end.. it always does..
Best wishes..
hugs.gif
Good words there, girl. Really good words. It is SOOO hard when we don't know how the next week is gonna happen.

Don't forget to ask your dr. for Rx samples (if they have them). My dr. gave me a whole bunch of samples last year after I went to the pharmacy and found out it was going to cost $250 to get my Rx filled. Good luck, keep the faith....

Hope things are looking up.That stinks what walgreens did. I will never shop there.My dh paid $500 for his company to teach him to drive a semi,and he just had to work with them 2 years.Been 10 years now.

Back
Top Bottom