Just had the first lame Meatie

Chick_a_dee

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Peterborough, ON
We're at 4 weeks with 27 meaties and had one severely limping today, I think she probably caught her leg on the feeder or something but I could see the others were already picking on her so she went on to meatie heaven just to be safe and make sure we didn't get a mad cannabilistic frenzie going on after putting them all to be this afternoon. We did keep some meat, teeny weeny breasts and her legs (Nacho enjoyed her feet) and left the rest for the barn cats.

What you had essentially was a Cornish Game Hen. They are processed at two to two and a half pounds live weight which is about 4 weeks of age. You roast them whole and they are delicious. Are you putting broiler vitamins in the water? Murray McMurray sells something they call Broiler Booster and Welp Hatchery sells a vitamin supplement for broilers but I forget what it is called. The supplements really help with legs and other problems.

I cannot order from McMurray and anyhow I don't have a credit card, I live in Canada... We are putting regular vitamins in, she's the only one and I reckon she caught her leg in the feeder during the mad dash they make.

Back
Top Bottom