Just hatched chick

Ashleyrh

Chirping
Mar 6, 2021
I have a chick that just hatched in the incubator and she won't stop chirping! Odk what to do or what could be wrong with her. Please help!

They usually do that. Just make sure it stays warm and it should settle down
Thank you, this is only my second hatch and I didn't remember any doing it on my first so I was nervous especially since im trying out a new incubator. I appreciate the quick response!

Some breeds of chicks are noisier than others, it may be why you didn't notice it before. Some sit in the incubator quietly until it's time to come out, other squawk and throw themselves around.

I will just add that weaker chicks tend to be noisier than active healthy hatchlings. But they settle when they doze off which they do a lot if they are kept warm, I aim for 92-97F in the first week. It might be that they just like to be noisy but a lonely chick will usually chirp a good 2 hours straight looking for momma or other chicks, my beard tends to just scare them lol so is no comfort sadly. If others are going to hatch to join this one it will settle down much faster. How many did you hatch? Has it settled down by now

Back
Top Bottom