1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just have to shake my head sometimes.......

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by FLchook, Mar 7, 2008.

1. FLchook

FLchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    I just found this listed on Craigslist.com. Whats with some people, $1 a bale...and free delivery?

i neeed some cheap horse hay like 1 buck a bale squre i am trying to find the cheapist hay i can find for my horse if you can deliver with no cost that will be so thankful of you only on the weekends hay can be $1 each or 2 i am just trying to get some thanks please email me if you need to get rid of some

[​IMG]

2. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    I don't know. Seems they can't afford to keep a horse and are looking for charity?

3. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Wow!! Maybe that's the re-cycled kind that you sweep up AFTER the horse has eaten it?! lol!! Nothing is that cheap!

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] the world is full of those............. looking for a free ride. Surprised they didn't add something like:

I rescued this poor horse on deaths door out of a feed lot, she's pregnant and has a foal at her side....... My car broke down and I lost my job - my wife left me for my brother, and my heater broke. Someone stole my front door and kicked my dog. Please help - send hay!

5. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Oh yeah, pass the hat and hold on for the scam on that one!! [​IMG]

6. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. MikelJohn

MikelJohn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Abbeville, LA
    Believe it or not, I do know some people who sell hay for a 1.00 or 1.50 but it's not that clean and they will not deliver! Especially with these gas prices! If you have a horse but don't have a way to haul hay or even pull a horse trailer, then it sounds as if you have a big problem! I hope everything works out for ya. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by