Just joined and recently started to keep chickens....

Laxton

Hatching
Aug 17, 2016
:)Hi there, Have just joined the group here, and for 3 months ago I started to keep chickens. Got 6 chickens from a friend, 2 of them from last year, and the others from this year. One of the hens we got that was from last year has been broody a couple of times, and the last time she went broody I got some eggs for her.... Next Wednesday we should have chicks !! All very exciting..
Looking so forward one day to be able to get more than 1 egg a day !! We see egg collection things on the Internet, and dream of having the need for something more that one hand to carry the eggs back to the house.
I have been in the forum lots since we have started, and looked up lots of different things, but now we will be having chicks thought it would be a good idea to be able to ask for help and advice if needed.

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif

It looks like you have a great coop-- lots of room and things to do! Yeah, it can be really frustrating waiting for eggs, but it's totally worth it!
smile.png
And good luck with the new chicks, that's so exciting. If you ever have any questions, always feel free to ask. I'm sure anyone would be happy to help.

Thanks for joining us!

Greetings and welcome to BYC - great to have you onboard. Your coop / run is great - I'm sure that your girls are very happy. Good luck with your hatch next week!

Best wishes
CT

Thank you all for your messages, and my girls are very happy in their pen, and one feature not on the pictures is that I dug out all the soil and replaced it with course sand so once a day I poop scoop with a cat litter poop scooper. Maybe a bit over the top, but keeps the smell down and the neighbors happy! By the way we are from Denmark!!
[/IMG]

Very nice to meet you Lawton. So glad you joined us at Backyard chickens. Your Kylle, is one of the most beautiful birds I have ever seen. What breed?

If I were a chicken I would love to be living in your coop. Everything is so well thought out, and the swing just tops it off.

Very nice to meet you Lawton. So glad you joined us at Backyard chickens. Your Kylle, is one of the most beautiful birds I have ever seen. What breed?

If I were a chicken I would love to be living in your coop. Everything is so well thought out, and the swing just tops it off.

Hi there, kylle is a barnevelder black silver double lined, she most certainly is a lovely chicken and I hope some of the chicks on Wednesday are the same....

Back
Top Bottom