Just joined today!

Dec 5, 2018
Ontario, OR
I was around chickens growing up but they were for eating so we never got too attached. My husband and I just moved back to a farm after living in town for 22 years, built a coop about 3 months ago and started my little flock.

I have 15 chickens right now - and more to come this spring!

I have two standard Ameraucana hens (Gladys and Baldy), four Rhode Island Red hens (Bertha, Spike, LaFawnduh, Tina and Chicken Nugget), one black Ameraucana hen (Beauty), a Gold Laced Wyandotte hen (Wynonna), a little hen named Jenny that we have no idea what she is, little white Serama rooster named Harvey and four white hens that we aren't sure of the breed (Betty, Gertrude, Snowball and Fluffy)

I love my chickens' personalities! I never knew they could be so fun and rewarding. They each have such unique features and are such individuals.

We also have three dogs (a Border Collie/Heeler, a McNab Collie and a Yorkie), three cats (a gray tabby, a calico and a tiny little gray fluffball), three kids (two girls and a boy.) I work for a large General Contractor and my husband manages a large corn/wheat/seed bean farm.

I found BYC when trying to figure out how to treat one of my sick hens and when I got to digging around, realized how much it has to offer! I just joined today.

:welcome

Glad you're enjoying your flock!

smiley christmas 4.gif

Welcome to Backyard Chickens!:welcomeWe are glad you joined the flock! BYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: You have a beautiful flock consisting of different breeds! If you are curious what breed Jenny might be just post in this forum. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/what-breed-or-gender-is-this.15/
Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

I was around chickens growing up but they were for eating so we never got too attached. My husband and I just moved back to a farm after living in town for 22 years, built a coop about 3 months ago and started my little flock.

I have 15 chickens right now - and more to come this spring!

I have two standard Ameraucana hens (Gladys and Baldy), four Rhode Island Red hens (Bertha, Spike, LaFawnduh, Tina and Chicken Nugget), one black Ameraucana hen (Beauty), a Gold Laced Wyandotte hen (Wynonna), a little hen named Jenny that we have no idea what she is, little white Serama rooster named Harvey and four white hens that we aren't sure of the breed (Betty, Gertrude, Snowball and Fluffy)

I love my chickens' personalities! I never knew they could be so fun and rewarding. They each have such unique features and are such individuals.

We also have three dogs (a Border Collie/Heeler, a McNab Collie and a Yorkie), three cats (a gray tabby, a calico and a tiny little gray fluffball), three kids (two girls and a boy.) I work for a large General Contractor and my husband manages a large corn/wheat/seed bean farm.

I found BYC when trying to figure out how to treat one of my sick hens and when I got to digging around, realized how much it has to offer! I just joined today.
Hello and welcome to the flock!
:frow:welcome
A McNab? They are a Northern California regional twist on a border collie aren't they?

Hello and welcome to the flock!
:frow:welcome
A McNab? They are a Northern California regional twist on a border collie aren't they?
They sure are! Look very similar to a Border but have webbed feet, no undercoat and are crazy submissive (we have to be very cautious when disciplining because he is super sensitive.)

Attachments

• 7811D460-B260-452C-9CEF-407606B97F47.jpeg
    7811D460-B260-452C-9CEF-407606B97F47.jpeg
    342.5 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom