Just joined

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nat1710, Jan 28, 2017.

1. nat1710

nat1710 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2017
    Hi, I'm from Bristol in the U.K.

I have a male and female bantam and male and female ducks.

Hoping for advice as the bantam is sitting on 11 eggs and I have candled them and we are on day 10 and I'm pretty sure all I can see in them is the yolk.

Don't know if I should leave it until day 14 as I understand the egg should look mostly black when candled.

I feel so bad she is so dedicated. Any advice is appreciated [​IMG]

2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings, Nat, and [​IMG]! Great to have you with us! N F C gave you a couple of great links to explore so I'll just say best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!! [​IMG]

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under nat1710 [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry that I can not help you with your candling question but you have been given some good starting points by N F C.

I hope your hen’s dedication is rewarded with some little ones to raise. I will never tire of watching a mumma hen raise her babies; it is a beautiful thing! [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by