Just joined.....

JFDJason

In the Brooder
Oct 16, 2018
Just wanted to say hello to the community. My name is Jason Allen and my wife Melissa just moved to her farm where she grew up at back in November of 2016. The farm is located in Jordan, Minnesota just outside the Twin Cities metro area. She wanted animals right away but I thought I didn't. We had some friends that were willing to give us a few chickens so i thought what the heck.....I started to research what all was needed and realized that we had a old "play house" that was on the farm and not being used anymore. I converted it into the coop and it turned out awesome. I have built an automatic coop door as well as watering system. We were given 11 birds, all hens we thought, however one did turn into a rooster. We didn't know at the time we got them that one was a rooster so we had another friend of ours give us a rooster as well. The 11 hens and rooster are using the coop upstairs and run area. We have since then took ownership of 8 additional hens and have moved the other rooster with them. They are about 12 weeks old and are in the bottom of the coop that we will be free ranging those birds.

I have attached a couple different pictures of the coop, before we got the birds and made the additional changes to it for the free range birds.

Since the chickens came we now also have 3 rabbits and 2 ducks.

Attachments

• 20180702_183315.jpg
    20180702_183315.jpg
    540.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180702_183524.jpg
    20180702_183524.jpg
    600.6 KB · Views: 13
Just wanted to say hello to the community. My name is Jason Allen and my wife Melissa just moved to her farm where she grew up at back in November of 2016. The farm is located in Jordan, Minnesota just outside the Twin Cities metro area. She wanted animals right away but I thought I didn't. We had some friends that were willing to give us a few chickens so i thought what the heck.....I started to research what all was needed and realized that we had a old "play house" that was on the farm and not being used anymore. I converted it into the coop and it turned out awesome. I have built an automatic coop door as well as watering system. We were given 11 birds, all hens we thought, however one did turn into a rooster. We didn't know at the time we got them that one was a rooster so we had another friend of ours give us a rooster as well. The 11 hens and rooster are using the coop upstairs and run area. We have since then took ownership of 8 additional hens and have moved the other rooster with them. They are about 12 weeks old and are in the bottom of the coop that we will be free ranging those birds.

I have attached a couple different pictures of the coop, before we got the birds and made the additional changes to it for the free range birds.

Since the chickens came we now also have 3 rabbits and 2 ducks.

Back
Top Bottom