Just Joined!!!!!

Skye_k23

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 24, 2011
Northern New Mexico
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Yes we just officially finished the coop and moved the girls (maybe one boy) who are about 2 months old out.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We have 13 chickens right now.

(3) What breeds do you have?

We have RI Reds and Barred Rocks

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Found you while searching info on the deep litter method.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

my other Hobbies include sewing, gardening, and hiking.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am married to the best man in the world for over 15 years. We have 6 wonderful children from 6 to 14. I homeschool. Hmmmm... Other pets.... This could take a while LOL. We have 4 dogs (although my husband says only 3 and 1/4 dogs lol). 5 or 6 cats. 2 hamsters, a rat, hermit crabs I think hehe, a rabbit, the chickens of course and various fish.

I hope to learn alot from this site. I have wanted chickens for years so I am very excited, just ask my family. I am doing the deeo litter system and trying to figure out how to compost. My goal is to produce enough produce and eggs to be able to feed my family without buying much. We , ok I am considering the addition of a couple of goats for milk. We shall see. Hope to meet some great people and share advice.

Brook

Last edited:
frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. We have several goats & they're a lot of fun to have
big_smile.png
Congrats on your chickens & good luck
thumbsup.gif

Hello! Welcome to BYC. I am sorta new myself. I am in Florida and have had my girls for near a year now. I am learning a great deal with each passing week. And I have found that no matter the question, someone on here will give some sort of shout.

Good luck and have fun with your girls.

Back
Top Bottom