Just need reassurance

Yay! That's super fast for a hatch. You shouldn't need to turn them to see if they've externally pipped as long as they were set the right way up. I've had them pip on the bottom and make it out just fine too. It's when they pip at the pointy end (malpositioned) that I get a little concerned - although they sometimes do manage to hatch by themselves that way too, but often need help.

Not sure if anyone will check here or if I should make a separate post. One chick hatched at 6pm yesterday and one overnight before 5 am. There are 3 more eggs that have pipped but seem to be taking their time. Two pipped last night and one about an hour ago. So maybe a while till hatch.
How long can the other 2 stay in without food or water? They are really pecking at each other too.

The others are good for 48 hours as they'll be sustained by their yolk sac. You can super quickly remove them if you want - I haven't had any issue doing this - as long as your incubator keeps humidity and temperature really easily and you're in and out super quickly.

Back
Top Bottom