Just need to vent

nitro3custom

Chirping
9 Years
May 8, 2010
While I was out a dog came in the yard and got My polish crested rooster and came back after my easter egger. Not to mention one of My easter eggers died friday night for no apparent reason. Anyway I pull in the drive way and my wife is frantic trying to get all the chickens back in the coup and finding the ones that ran. All chickens acounted for, only found some tail feathers of the rooster. keep watching for him to pop up out of hiding but doesn't look good. Anyway just really ticked off. Wife didn't recognize the dog so we don't know where he came form. Thanks for listening.

I understand you completely!!
I just lost my favorite lil comet hen. I let them out to free range and the neighbors dog got her before I could stop him.
hit.gif
I've called animal control 8x's after loseing my EE hen and the tail feathers off my bantam...
somad.gif
This neighbor has 4 dogs and has never obeyed the laws (felon too)
rant.gif
I'm now setting traps for the dogs and send them to shelter where maybe someone else will take proper care of them.

So sorry for your loss!
sad.png

thats sad. my chickens are secure in a run so i dont know what it feels like to lose them to a dog. i would love to let them free range but we do have a lot of stray dogs here and i would hate it if they killed one of my chickens

sorry you are going through this..My dogs are penned but lately we have had a few issues with the neighbours dog, he is a GSD and a very large one at best he has been coming here religiously every single day for the last week and half and he always seems to elude us when we try to capture him on the camera. we were told if we shoot it (which we don't want to anyhow) we will go to jail and get a fine. and complaining to the neighbour is no use cause he is a total idiot anyhow. His dog jumps out in front and chases the school bus and other vehicles too. They need one more complaint to take his dog away. his excuse to not having him tied up is that when he did tied him up he ripped out his metal stairs and had to have someone come put them back on. My view is, if you cannot control your dog you shouldn't have one. Anyhow we were told get a few pics of the dog, or catch him on film and then submit it and they will come get the dog. Its not the dogs fault that his owner just allows him to run free and wild. but I just have had enough. MY Dh was told he could unload some paintballs on the dog to scare it away, but that hurts I can certainly attest to that fact as I was an avid paintballer and I have been hit many times.

I hope you find your roo, and that you are able to identify the culprit and prevent him from coming back

I am sorry for your lose. That irritates me when people don't take care of there animals and do nothing when you inform them of it. Ema i hope you get pics of that dog so you can rest easy.

Quote:
In most rural areas shooting a dog attacking you, your pets or your livestock is specifically allowed. However, shooting any weapon in a city/town is often illegal. In most cities/towns, and in some rural areas allowing ones dog to roam at large is illegal. Every time you see it outside the owner's yard, call and complain. If hte owner is unwilling to make the efforts needed to contain the dog, he should not have it.

Back
Top Bottom