Just One Keet

Turkeyrun

Chirping
10 Years
Jul 30, 2009
Hi,

incubation for our guinea eggs did not go well and we have just one sweet little keet. Splayed legs so I have used a pipe cleaner to try to get them back inline. Just put it on a few minutes ago so will have to see how it is working tomorrow.

But what to do with one lonely keet. We have chicks that are old enough to be mixing with the older hens,so they seem too big to be with the keet. We have turkey poults but they will be fully feathered soon so also seem to big to have the guniea in with them.

we have two pearl gray Guineas but they are three years old an not likely to have any interests in caring for a keet.

So what can we do to help this lone keet?

Thank you

I am so sorry about the chicks! Yes a teddy bear would be great. for him as well. You can also crush the crumble a bit and put it in warm water and let it make a mash with some dry crumbles on top. Dip the beak into food they will eat. always good for a sick bird. I also use sav-a-chick electrolytes in their water to help after blood loss. Poor baby.

I am so sorry about the chicks! Yes a teddy bear would be great. for him as well. You can also crush the crumble a bit and put it in warm water and let it make a mash with some dry crumbles on top. Dip the beak into food they will eat. always good for a sick bird. I also use sav-a-chick electrolytes in their water to help after blood loss. Poor baby.

I got him eating and drinking now. He gets Vitamins and Electrolytes in his water, Chick starter, and I have a water/yolk mix for him. I couldn't find a bear in my home. But I have a goose, I just gave him. Since I could not get him to go to sleep. Well he is already attached to it now and gets very fussy if I move it, now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom