Just ordered 13 ducklings from Ideal

They came! They are gorgeous and spunky! I have had to nurse one of the Partridge Rock Chicks a little, and sick kids, so I am busy, but will get some pics, hopefully tonight, because they are soooooo cute!

ok well now I get to start really freaking out.... Last night when I placed this order all 3 breeds I ordered said they were available for 5/5/10 shipment & so I figured they would be sent out today & I got the email earlier today that my order will ship out on 5/10/10 when all the breeds are available.... Now it's just 5 days but really it's justmore time for me to dwell on it & think it's the first things that wasn't how it was suppose to be.... If this is all that is an issue though I'll take it...

Now please do post your pics because I need them to sustain me... LOL You all must be so excited.....

I just found out that my chicks will be coming the week of June 7th. But I'll be too busy cleaning up after my ducklings to worry about it.
As Requested:

44462_img_3601.jpg

44462_img_3606.jpg

Oh lord they are sweet looking.... They look pretty healthy & it all went smooth? Thanks so much for posting the pics it's made me feel a whole lot better... I wish you luck and lots of fun with them!

So far, so good. They all seem really healthy and they are quite active and outgoing. When something new gets put in their tub, like re-setting the waterer down, or god-forbid, a camera lens, they all huddle in a corner. But invariably one of the Runners will come over to investigate, usually by tasting. Then all the other know it's safe to check out. I put food in the palm of my hand several times a day and let them eat out of it, and walk across it, to encourage that responsive behavior when they're big. I am thrilled to pieces with how well it's going, but I don't want to jinx anything...
Best of luck with yours!

You know I'd hatched Silver appleyards last year & they to woered in the corner when I'd come in the room. I thought maybe it was because I'd kept them out of the hub of the house, but I didn't want the dogs scaring the peejeebers out of them. I thought it was best to keep them in a vacant bedroom but I'm not sure I'll do that this time. Though when I think about it I've kept chicks in a separate room for safety reasons & they didn't cower like that. Is this just a duck thing?

Yeah,I think it's a duck thing. I am still new, but so far, my first 4 Kahkis did it, my Muscovies have done it, and my new little batch of 15 is doing it. LOL, I know I"m nice and gentle, so it's them. I haven't forgot about pics of the newbies, I'm just running around like a maniac. Husband is home today, so he can help me wrangle the babies into a good spot for a photo. Oh, and these little ducks came from Cackle Hatchery, and they are HYPER. LOL. They are cracking me up, zipping all around their brooder like everything has to be done now! Must eat, Must drink, Must play. Then all the sudden, sleep.
lol.png

Here's a couple of pics! Yesterday was soooooo warm, everybody got a teensy bit of outdoor time.
52026_the_brood_506.jpg

52026_the_brood_514.jpg

Back
Top Bottom