Just Ordered 3 Baby Chicks from Meyer Hatchery

chickenmadness7

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 2, 2014
I'm so excited! I just ordered 3 baby chicks from Meyer Hatchery to join the two SLW chicks I already have. I am a first time chicken owner and want a small backyard flock. (I'm also raising a few guinea fowl to help with ticks). I ordered a Dominique, a Speckled Sussex, and a Welsummer, and ordered the Marek's vaccinations for all 3. I will post more on this thread after the chicks arrive.

Enjoy your new little ones! We got 3 SS with our last bunch of chicks from Murray McMurray and they are so gorgeous (they were cute when little but now at 9 wks old, totally gorgeous). Have fun :)

That's a nice mixed flock you'll have. All good sturdy breeds and decent layers. I like the chocolate eggs of the Welsummers. Good luck with your flock.

My 3 chicks arrived this morning! They're absolutely beautiful and look very healthy. I couldn't be more thrilled.
I'm impressed by Meyer Hatchery. I had some questions and a request not to send an extra chick for warmth and their customer service was excellent. Communication about when they shipped was precise and they only took about 15 hours to get here from OH to VA from the time they left the hatchery to my hands. The post office called me as soon as they opened to say my chicks had arrived.
I ordered my chicks with the Marks vaccine and some Sure Grow. I was very impressed with the packaging with lots of air flow, a warmth packate, and lots of nice nesting material.
Without further ado, here are my three babies!
This is my Wellsummer. She's a little chatter box.

This is my adorable little Dominique. She looks like a little penguin.

And last but not least, my Speckled Sussex. I think this breed is so gorgeous.

And here they all are together.

Back
Top Bottom