1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just ordered my first incubator!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicken-owner-31, Dec 16, 2010.

1. chicken-owner-31

chicken-owner-31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    NV
    I'm stoked! After searching on ebay and finding a nice looking LG with all the bells and whistles, I decided to do a search in here and make sure I was getting the best one.

Glad I did that!! No LG for me! Haha!

I got the Brinsea Mini Advance. It's my Christmas present from my ever patient hubby. <3

Who would have thought that chickens are EXTREMELY contagious! Haha!

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair &amp; Feathers

Eggscellent choice!

Woooo hoooo!

I love my MiniAdvance units. Yup, plural.

3. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    My Mini Advance is AMAZING, every fertile egg hatches!

4. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    Congratulations! It's very exciting to start incubating. [​IMG]

5. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Congrats!! I got the Brinsea Mini Advance a few weeks ago. My chicks are due to hatch New Years Eve. Good luck with yours!

6. chicken-owner-31

chicken-owner-31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    NV
    I'm very excited! My friends have some laying hens that are in with a mutt roo and they are going to give me some eggs to hatch. They have RIR, EE, and standard Cochins. The roo is a cochin/ee cross looks like. He's VERY handsome. By the time I get the unit, get a couple eggs, and get them hatched, my current babies should be out of the brooder. Chicken math attacks! Hahaha!

7. jenfork

jenfork Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2010
    Northern NJ
    Got mine in November. My first batch is hatching, as we speak.

8. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    hey, i have read alot about those incubators, they sound like they are really good, i have a rcom mini incubator, does any one have any experience with those, i also got the E-z scope with it, im asking how it is, because i have no eggs to put in it at the moment, but i would really like to see some pics of their rcom if any one has any experience with one

9. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    I can't believe you didn't buy an LG, I would have thought that after your BYC search, you would have figured that jesus used one the way everybody think's their so good. Anyway good for you............ you made a good choice. I would hatch egg's in my Britches before I bought an LG. Happy for you. I love it when folks come on and say >>>>>>>>>>>> hey my egg's won't hatch in my LG what happened Boo Hoo.

AL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by