Just ordered

Carrosaur

Songster
8 Years
Mar 8, 2014
Nashville, TN
Just ordered a baby Tolouse Goose from Cackle Hatchery.... Due to arrive May 20th!!!! So excited. We've had two ducks for a while and I'm ready for a goose! Hopefully it survives the delivery alone... Only bought one. Anything I should know that's different about brooding geese from ducks?

Thanks!

Just ordered a baby Tolouse Goose from Cackle Hatchery.... Due to arrive May 20th!!!! So excited. We've had two ducks for a while and I'm ready for a goose! Hopefully it survives the delivery alone... Only bought one. Anything I should know that's different about brooding geese from ducks?

Thanks!
Why just one? they do so much better in pairs.

If it survives the trip and grows up well then we will probably try to adopt a gander that needs a home with a female, and if it arrives a male then we will try to adopt a female? Didn't think this through. ):

If it survives the trip and grows up well then we will probably try to adopt a gander that needs a home with a female, and if it arrives a male then we will try to adopt a female? Didn't think this through. ):

I guess we should've gotten a pair. I figured it would bond with the ducks and be friebds with them? Guess not... Sigh.

It may befriend the ducks eventually but it will be a while before it will be able to be with them, they will most likely not take to it.
I cannot believe they are sending 1 gosling through the mail, I'm thinking your going to end up with some packing peanuts which will be roosters. maybe not too late to order a friend for your gosling
fl.gif

Chickens!?!!???! Not happening. I do not like chickens. My boyfriend is ordering another gosling this afternoon... Should we try to get it with the original order or will it come separately no matter what????

Chickens!?!!???! Not happening. I do not like chickens. My boyfriend is ordering another gosling this afternoon... Should we try to get it with the original order or will it come separately no matter what????
I'd call them as soon as possible so they will send them together. or you'll end up with more packing peanuts. They have to do this to keep the gosling warm but if you order 2 and ask for heat pack they won't send peanuts. At least I don't think they will ask them. ask for gro gel also it will keep them hydrated.

Stupid chickens. ): will call them after school.... Hope this can get fixed. I have a month before the first one is due to arrive so hopefully that's more than enough time??

Back
Top Bottom