1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just placed my first chick order, thank you for your help!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lceh, Jan 7, 2009.

1. lceh

lceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Virginia
    Well, I did it! I just placed a tentative order with Meyer for my first chickies! I'm getting all bantams, 6 each of the White Wyandottes and Buff Brahmas, and 5 Araucanas. I'm hoping out of 17 straight run chicks I'll get 6 girls.

THANK YOU BYC members for all of your help! My husband thinks I'm a little obsessed by this forum, but it has helped immensely as I've agonized over bantams vs. standards, which breeds, etc. I'm sure I'll need more advice once the little peeps arrive, and I'm so glad I know where to go to get it.

2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Yippee! Chickies are fun! I can't wait to see pics of your EEs when you get them...I love those!

3. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I'm so glad the forum was helpful and Congrats on your newly ordered babies!!!! [​IMG]

4. riley

riley Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2008
    Mooers, NY
    congrads i orded mine last week from ideal and i am due to get them on thursday or fridayi cant wait

5. luvchikies

luvchikies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Quote:ME TOO!! I LOVE EEs

6. namreknat

namreknat Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2008
    N.W. Oklahoma
    That's a nice selection of chicks you ordered!! You will like them so much; you will want some more![​IMG] Good luck with your new chicks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by