Just placed my order through IDEAL!

vortec

Songster
10 Years
Jan 29, 2009
Martin County, NC
I just completed my order from ideal poultry and I am so excited! I decided to defer the desired shipment date to March 14th, to give me a little time to get underway with the chicks I am getting this weekend. I ordered

2 Buff Orps hens
3 BR hens
1 BR roo
2 Cornish X Rocks roos( yeah, supper:drool )
2 Ideal 236 hens
2 EE hens

These will be in addition to:

10 australorp hens
2 australorp roos
3 NH reds hens
3 RIR hens

I'm getting the last set this weekend

I cannot wait! I will be keeping them in a modified horse stall with a wire run( will post pics later ) so space will not be an issue. Also, we have plenty of brooders and a TSC to get more if needed as they grow. Another stall will be coming avaliable soon so I can divide the group up by the time they get out of the brooder if needed. I have everything set up and in place except the chickens, lol

I do have a few questions though. How close to the desired shipment date does Ideal usually come? I suggested March 14. Is there any suggestions for recieving the first shipment as this will be my first true shipment. Thanks in advance

vortec

I received an email from Ideal confirming the order the next business day that told me the closest available shipping date to my requested date. (It was one day later than I requested.) The birds showed up happy and healthyand on schedule two days after the confirmed shipping date.

Wayne

Yeah, they sent me an email the next day as well confirming the shipment date. They had moved my ship date almost a full month later than what I had requested, but that was due to the cochins I ordered. Mine are coming March 4th
I think you will probably get close to the date you want.
Good luck!

Sounds great! Congratulations!
smile.png

You have made a very good choice.

You should get them around the time you requested. If not, they won't DIE when just a few days late.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom