JUST put 107 quail eggs in the hatchin tray

I'm processing some now and making them for dinner, so I'll let you know how they are.

Shelley, any good recipes to share? Haven't figured out what I'm going to do with them yet.

I wish! I haven't processed any yet, I'm still working on my flock!! So far I have a trio of pharoahs and 2 male A&M's, those two will end up being someone's dinner if they don't SHUT UP!
gig.gif

I saw a thing on TV that showed them being grilled? Not sure how you'd do it. They used chopstick looking things to keep them laying flat.

DBF is checking recipes now. Probably will have a sauce of some kind and noodles or mashed potatoes.

Jim - are you drooling yet?! Hope you have a great hatch!!!

Quote:
ive been drooling for 15 days
big_smile.png

i was gonna process those guinea today,, but the wind has been blowin 50mph,,, i dont like all that sand in my meat
roll.png

now my 4 year old wants to help me,, along with the 6 year old,,,, girls
roll.png

I've been skinning mine, wrapping in bacon, and putting them in the
rotiserie for 40 minutes. Baking is probably just as good.

We have plucked and deep fried a few too. Yummmmm.
droolin.gif

Quote:
i wanna try 1 of these guineas deep fried
big_smile.png

Oh man, I bet that is good. Guinea must be like a cross of a chicken and
duck.

That sounds yummy (guineas). PC - I saw your dinner pics and YUM! Just finished cleaning up (takes me a while - 2 hours, 4 birds - someday I hope to be as fast as Drumstick!) and heading over to DBF's who is the real chef. I'm just a cheap imitation
roll.png

Oh - and it took me so long because I plucked.

Last edited:
Jim be ready when you take the top off the tray. They will run every where.
I count the egg shell when I take them out. Quails do close their egg door, maybe because they are not HATCHED IN A BARN

My Guess your hatch will be 71 chicks.

Ok everybody guess Jim hatch 107 eggs.

I will ship a bunch of peacock feathers to the first post thats guess right or the one nearest.

Back
Top Bottom