Just put eggs in lockdown, hatch date 1/10. This is eggsciting!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by trunkman, Jan 7, 2011.

1. trunkman

trunkman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    This is my first hatch, I started with 16 eggs from my flock of barred rocks, RIR's, NHR's, 1 JG, 1 Austrolorp, and 1 white hen. I have no clue what egg is from what hen so I'm sure I'm up for some surprises. Like I said I started with 16 eggs and candled on day 14 and discarded 5 eggs, I cracked them open to see what was inside and found nothing but yolk and egg white. Tonight I candled again and took 2 eggs out and cracked them open, one of them had a lima bean size embryo and the other double the size, kinda gross but very interesting and educational. I'm left with 9 eggs, all of them very dark and saw two of them with movement. I candled quickly because I was nervous about having them exposed to the open air for too long so I really didn't wait for movement from every egg. This is very exciting, now I can't wait for Monday, the only Monday I've ever looked forward too!! Wish me luck and don't worry, there will be pics!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. shellyga

shellyga Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2010
    Congrats.. we can't wait to hear how your hatch goes.. I have some going in to lockdown on the 13th.. so until then..I will just enjoy news of your hatch.

3. gitlost80

gitlost80 Trigger Pullet

Mar 27, 2009
    I am currently adjusting my humidity to be in lockdown also! Good luck to you!Im Crazy excited!
  4. theredroosta

theredroosta Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Im in lockdown too :DDDD
  5. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    I'm in lockdown too. Put in 19 eggs before Christmas...only 8 were fertile. All 8 went into lockdown last night. Can't wait for Monday morning! Good luck with your hatch!
  6. chickendude1

chickendude1 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2010
    Morganton North Carolina
    My eggs hatch Monday too !!! Mixed Breeds and Silkies. Hope they hatch well !!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
  7. digger MN

digger MN Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2010
    I locked down yesterday, and am hopeing for tomorrow or the next day. Due Sun and Mon. Took two days to get 20 eggs. Have 2 in?????????. Best of luck to you. By the way hatching out same as you.
  8. Jonny

Jonny Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2010
    Northern New Mexico
    Man I wish I was in lock down too! I have two more weeks before hatching..!!!! I'm soo impatient it's ridiculous! My first hatch ever, and I don't think I've felt so excited in a long time..!

Good luck to you all [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by