Just rescued some more Battery Hens *pics*

Ruby chasing my SS for the last tomato!
1394003_4864552551326_1694515659_n.jpg

My red is still going strong. She has started laying eggs again. She lays them with a soft end and then promptly turns round and eats them. She is a machine. 8 years old and very self efficient.
Aww when did she turn 8? Ginger (7) is just going through her moult and has come back with some dark brown feathers!

Oh Johnn, she such a tough old bird. I lost 2 of her sisters to eggbinding. Several times I have said to my husband. " I think poor old red is on her last legs "
I've never seen her look so healthy. She is very obnoxious , always has been, that's just Red . When I take the feed bucket in she runs along side me pecking the bucket, rather impatiently.

Oh Johnn, she such a tough old bird. I lost 2 of her sisters to eggbinding. Several times I have said to my husband. " I think poor old red is on her last legs "
I've never seen her look so healthy. She is very obnoxious , always has been, that's just Red . When I take the feed bucket in she runs along side me pecking the bucket, rather impatiently.
Aww! I hope Ginger makes it to 8 this year. I honestly thought this year would be her last because she isn't doing as well but she is proving me wrong so far!

Back
Top Bottom