Just saying hey y'all

hey there cool hand luke.Like you I'm new to this as well,been doing research for the past 6 weeks,in the mean time building my coop,and getting all my stuff together before i get my first chick.according to my local feed store next week they are getting a shippment of wyandotes,looks like I'll be starting with 5 of them.I've built my coop the cheapest way possible,using salvaged wood,it's a 4'x4'x6.5' and a run that's 4'x4'x10'.Now I'm hoping that i can train my chiuawa not to eat them.hehehehe !!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

I really like this coop. Rustic.

Hey as a newbie that has no real experience with chickens, I want to get a breed ore breeds that are docile, easy to manage and lay lots of good size eggs. I've been leaning towards Buff Orpingtons. Any other suggestions>

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Well I,m starting with what the local feed store has in stock usually they stock breeds that are tried and true for the area.I,ll begetting wyandottes and sussex from my research they are very docile,calm,and easy to train

There is a larger hatchery right here in the town next to me, Dunlap Hatchery if anyone has heard of them. I can go right to them to pick out birds, In 2 moths they will have 6-8 month old birds that will be ready to lay. I'm thinking I will wait till then plus it will give me some time to finish up my coop.

Back
Top Bottom