Just set 7 eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by buzymom13, Jan 9, 2011.

1. buzymom13

buzymom13 I run the Alien Chicken Asylum

Apr 20, 2010
    [​IMG]

Ok well we just set 7 eggs from our mixed flock at 9:23am. It's our first hatch and I think I'm more excited about it then the kids! [​IMG]

We have been calibrating and setting up the incubator for the past week and have finally gotten all the temp and humidity and all set.

Here we go!!! [​IMG]

2. newchickens2009

newchickens2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2009
    BAHAMAS
    Good morning and good luck with your first hatch. I remenber my first time and all though it was very exciting it was also a very nervous 21 days. I just set 42 last night at 9:00pm myself (now on my 3rd hatch) so hopefully we will both enjoy a wonderful hatch in 21 days.

3. CorgiHouse

CorgiHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2010
    Boring, OR
    Congrats!! I know what you mean about being so excited and nervous! My first time incubating produced chicks that are just over a week old now. [​IMG]
    Both my husband and I were very excited when we set ours as well. In addition, though, I was very nervous about doing something wrong and killing chicks in eggs........I had read so much here before setting the eggs, and there are so many wildly differing opinions about humidity as well as temps in still air bators, that I was very worried that the settings I had decided on would be wrong. Or that my thermometer and/or hygrometer were reading wrong even though I checked and double checked them ahead of time. My bator performed nicely and stayed right where I set it in regard to temps (well, there was a 'range' that it stayed in) and the humidity on lock-down too. So the incubation time was uneventful, but at lock-down I started worrying - just knowing I had fully developed chicks in there I would have been very sad if they didn't hatch. But I just wanted to say that they did great and I'm sure yours will too. Have fun!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by