Just Set Eggs!

KC n KY

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 10, 2010
Grayson, KY
This is my first hatch ever! Hatching in a Brinsea Oct. Eco. All eggs are from my own flock, the oldest being 8 days. I actually set the eggs yesterday, so they should hatch on the 27th. I am so excited
celebrate.gif
I am keeping the humidity around 35 - 40% and the temp is about 99.6 or 99.7. Does anyone have any pointers or advice? If so feel free to share. Hopefully I'll have some pics of chickies in 20 days
fl.gif
jumpy.gif

Wishing you both great hatches! I set eggs today. This is my 4th hatch, 1st in my Hova-Bator. What kind of eggs do you have? I've got some mixed ones from my flock, also some Ameraucanas and Olive Eggers.

I've got a pretty nice looking RIR rooster and 4 BR hens so I'll have some BSL chicks...hopefully lots of little pullets and just a few roos!
bow.gif
(That's me praying for pullets)

I put 32 eggs in my Brinsea Eco yesterday as well (it was my Birthday!) so if everything goes well I should be hatching the same day. This is my first run, so hopefully all goes well.
hmm.png

I have about 6 or 8(not really sure
hide.gif
) BLRW eggs with 14 BLR X amberlink, golden comet, and hatchery australorp.
yippiechickie.gif

BTW- I had to move my bator to another room, because I woke up this morning to a temp of like 97.8
ep.gif
They are now in an upstairs hallway were the temp doesn't fluctuate as much. I hope my eggs are ok! I don't want to kill my chicks in the 1st 2 days of incubation
barnie.gif

How are all of your eggs doing? Has anyone candled their eggs? We did on Sat. night. 6 out of 7 of our mixed eggs looked good, the Olive Egger & Ameraucana eggs were more difficult to interpret. I have a hard time with the darker ones.

Egg-laying is not going well here. My barred rock hens are all molting and have virtually quit laying for the time being. As soon as they start, I'll be collecting and setting. Until then...
caf.gif

acire67- I won't be candling until day 18, right b4 lockdown. I will be using a led light from TSC, which seems to work well on the eggs from the refrigerator
thumbsup.gif

texaschickmom- egg poduction was low around here for a while. I put a light with a timer in the coop and...presto... I went from 4 eggs from 14 hens to 10 eggs from 14 hens, so if you dont already have a light in the coop you may want to try it, but be CAREFUL where and how you place the light. I have heard too many stories from people wo have accidently burnt down their coop
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom