Just sharing our Wing-feathering photo —

jBabychickn

Songster
Jul 19, 2021
Lexington, KY
My Coop
My Coop
I caught this really neat photo of the wing feathering coming in on one of our new Silkie chicks. — See how one feather is long, then the feather next to it is short? It keeps on going like that as well… one long/one short/one long/one short

This little-bit hatched on April 24th and the photo was taken on Day 3 — I really wanted to get a good look because on hatch day I could already see a tiny start of feather growth on the wings… 🧐

Could this little-bit be female due to this type of early feathering? — I’ve heard/read some information about long & short feathering on the wings of females, but I believe this feathering has to be seen early on or it’s not as reliable. There just so much info out there to be honest… I wanted to share here to get more feedback —

Any Thoughts 💭?

Attachments

• IMG_8569.jpeg
    IMG_8569.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 13
Silkies are not feather sexable that way most breeds aint... Thats a myth and only workd with a fast feathering breed bred to a slow feathering breed

Silkies are not feather sexable that way most breeds aint... Thats a myth and only workd with a fast feathering breed bred to a slow feathering breed
Thanks so much for your info! 😉
Just really doing this for fun… And, for the sharing of what I thought was a cool photo
— I realize there’s no way to truly know until someone lays an egg or crows. But it’s fun to play

Back
Top Bottom