Just starting out

kapawayna

Chirping
10 Years
Feb 27, 2009
Hi i am just about to start out keeping Chickens.

I am thinking about putting a coup next to my garage, there is a space abou 18x4 foot that i was thinking about useing.

Has anyone got any ideas of what tipe of coup to build in that area. I to could be built bit enough for me to stand in as there is nothing overhead. The only thing is i need to keep it inclosed becauce i have a cat that keeps finding it's way into my garden(dam thing) and i have seen falcons around aswell.

As i aid i am totally new to this so expect a few questions from me, also a rough design of what i need to build to make them as happy as possible and how many i could fit in ther would be apreciated.

Thanks kapa

Last edited:
Check the coop designs page (link is at top of page) Do you know what kind of chickens your getting? Standards, Bantams? I was thinking that if you used the wall that your building against and build off of that then you could save money, but if that isn't an issue, maybe something like GopherBoy's Coop.

We just built a free standing coop...but I bet a coop attached to your garage will be great.
You will get lots of cool
cool.png
ideas if you just keep looking at the post and at the coop section....in fact, you will not be able to decide on which design you want
roll.png
, as you will find so MANY great coop ideas!!
lol.png

welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif
Let us see what you decide on ?

Back
Top Bottom