Just starting (Silver Fox Rabbits)

BekaMarie

In the Brooder
Jan 25, 2017
Hello :]]

My husband and I just got married in Oct. then we moved to Wisconsin to start a homestead. Right now we are renting a house until we find the perfect place for us and our two dogs (Bella the Pug and Peril the Border Collie). In the future we hope to have chickens rabbits and goats.

We are hoping to breed rabbits for meat soon. After a lot of research we have decided on Silver Foxes, found a few breeders and now looking for some information to help us start. Any information on breeding rabbits and Silver Foxes would be very helpful. Some questions I do have is, how many litters does a doe usually have in its life, what types of things should I be on the look out for when buying, whats the best food to feed meat rabbits?

I am very excited to learn more about what our future will look like :]]

G’Day from down under BekaMarie
frow.gif
Welcome!

Congratulations on your nuptials and best wishes to you both for the future and with your homesteading.

We are not allowed to keep rabbits here in Queensland but you may want to post any questions you have on the Other Pets & Livestock Forum: http://www.backyardchickens.com/f/22/other-pets-livestock Lots of BYC members have rabbits.

You might also want to say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Last edited:
Welcome to Backyard chickens. Teila has given you some excellent links to follow. We do have some "Bunny" folks on here and they may see your post and add their expertise.

welcome-byc.gif

Cute picture of your dogs and good luck finding the perfect spot to start your new adventure!

Back
Top Bottom