Just today there were 200 pets posted on my craiglist....

CL is sort of a dumping ground for all unwanted pets, unfortunatly.

Our local CL yesterday had one where someone was "getting rid" of a 7 week old puppy. They had just gotten it the day before and their adult dog didn't like the puppy imediatly(sp), so the puppy "has to go". After ONE day! I just wanted to strangle the poster!

CL is so full of that kind of thing, as well as tons of bybs as well.

Yup...from the puppy mill to Craig's List...

Our local Humane Society has had two recent puppy mill busts and Craig's List was the main selling forum.

Our craigslist recently had puppies that were half English Bull dog and half Border collie. And they wanted $300 for them because the parents were registered. Huh???? What's wrong with people?

CL is sort of a dumping ground for all unwanted pets, unfortunatly.

Our local CL yesterday had one where someone was "getting rid" of a 7 week old puppy. They had just gotten it the day before and their adult dog didn't like the puppy imediatly(sp), so the puppy "has to go". After ONE day! I just wanted to strangle the poster!

CL is so full of that kind of thing, as well as tons of bybs as well.

a lot of times the people get rid of the older dog :( Either way it comes down to people who didn't put any thought into what they were getting into.
A lot of areas have seen a huge upswing in rehoming puppies - all the dogs that were bought as gifts for Christmas.

a lot of times the people get rid of the older dog :( Either way it comes down to people who didn't put any thought into what they were getting into.
A lot of areas have seen a huge upswing in rehoming puppies - all the dogs that were bought as gifts for Christmas.

Yep, its sad no matter the situation.

I just got a puppy off craigslist from an irresponsible owner that did not spay her female ACD. The puppies were all gone be the next day Buuuut at least she did not dump them and she did place them in homes. Yeah I know mine is probably the only one that got a permanent good home.
I really wanted a dog from the shelter but all the dogs (48) were pit bulls or chihuahuas. The few other dogs they had are very old or also small breeds. The two dogs we did try to adopt had serious health problems that really put our family on an emotional roller coaster after we returned them to the shelter (we only had them for the probationary period.) I agree that many are breeders back yard or other. Many people also don't try to keep their dogs and use any excuse. The one that bothers me most is the"we just had a baby" one. Unfortunately the rescues are giving this excuse to them. Some rescues refuse to place animals in homes that have children under 8 years old. If they think dogs and young children are bad why wouldn't the next young couple now expecting a baby.
I really think the shelters, the rescues, and the average person are all doing the right thing on craigslist by trying to re home their animals. Unfortunately the breeders which are illegal on craigslist are using every means of communication they can to make money off these poor animals.
The rescues also need to lower their re homing fees to $300 is too much for an animal that is not papered. IMHO

Our craigslist is so highly policed that if I post a rabbit for sale as a pet under pets and not under farm and garden (because I want to go only as a pet not as breeding stock/ not to show/not to eat) then they will flag my post and it will be removed within two days tops. Sometimes in less then an hour. But people who just don't want their pets anymore or act like its just one (when you can tell its probably a litter they bred) that they can't keep anymore get left on. Kittens for sale always get left on but any puppies except free to good homes get flagged and pulled. I almost don't even use it much anymore, just seems unfair the way they do it.

Back
Top Bottom