Just venting!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LegginMF12, Oct 4, 2011.

1. LegginMF12

LegginMF12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    Sat I worked 10 hrs got home at 12:45 a.m. and was up at 7:00 a.m. on Sunday. I got to work at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday afternoon and didn't get home until 3:15 a.m Monday morning. I went to bed and got back up 4 hrs later to get the kid ready and take him to school. I was scheduled to get delivery of my wood burning stove on Monday also so I didn't go back to bed after taking the kid to school. I then went to work at 2:p.m and made it home at 11:30 p.m. last night. I usually go check the chickens when I get home but I was so tired last night I felt sick and just came in and went to bed. The big Guy was a little miffed because of the hours I worked this weekend and was as noisy as possible this morning, the result I was up at 5:45 a.m. this morning. What really makes me mad right now is there is a 53 year old man and a 10 year old boy in this house when I am at work. IS IT REALLY SO FREAKING HARD TO WALK OUTSIDE AND CLOSE THE COOP UP AT DUSK? I usually let them (chickens) out to range the yard at around 1:00 p.m. before I leave for work, this way I can collect eggs. If I don't do this the dog gets the eggs as fast as the girls lay them. Oh yeah and the parting comment as the big guy left for work today? The coop looks like it needs to be cleaned, your working noc tonight, right? Then you will be home all day to do it. Well I got news for you buddy this girl ain't doing nothing but laying in bed snoozing and catching up on my T.V. shows![​IMG]

2. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    I have a crazy schedule like that too sometimes. I work mostly evening, but will fill in some days and nights.
    I always have a list of things at home I can't get to.
    [​IMG]

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    hide the remote and game console controllers in the chicken coop

4. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I love the wonderfully evil idea.

5. LegginMF12

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    Quote:They would NEVER find them! Oh the things I could hide in there!

6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona

Better yet, get someone to re-work them so that they open or close the coop, and with the game console, when you would earn points or prizes it instead releases a cup of feed into the chickens' feeder.

7. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    My husband DOES NOT tell me what to do! (I don't tell him what to do either.) It's a "code" we have, and it works really well. I do the yard when I have time, and he does it when he has time. I cook on my days off, he cooks on his day off and we split the days that we both work.....I always do the chickens because they are my hobby. He handles the "man things" like splitting wood for the wood burning stove.....I handle the house cleaning.

Our 20 year old step daughter who lives with us (and now has a baby boy), is very helpful....she does laundry, runs the sweeper and cleans the kitchen.....

The only lazy person is the step-son......Does nothing.....Daddy doesn't enforce any rules on this child (who is nearly 18), so that burns me up! [​IMG]

So I guess we haven't made the "Perfect Club" either! [​IMG]

Sometimes ya' gotta get mad and tell them how you feel, though.....

8. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky

Better yet, get someone to re-work them so that they open or close the coop, and with the game console, when you would earn points or prizes it instead releases a cup of feed into the chickens' feeder.

it should be possible to get a remote control chicken door, dont think anyone has done it yet. Dips on the patent.

9. LegginMF12

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    Quote:Better yet, get someone to re-work them so that they open or close the coop, and with the game console, when you would earn points or prizes it instead releases a cup of feed into the chickens' feeder.

it should be possible to get a remote control chicken door, dont think anyone has done it yet. Dips on the patent.

Is you gonna dip the patent in chocolate? If you do I want some, I like chocolate.[​IMG]

10. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Better yet, get someone to re-work them so that they open or close the coop, and with the game console, when you would earn points or prizes it instead releases a cup of feed into the chickens' feeder.

Well, not remote controlled, but when my ship comes in, I'd like to get this with the solar power add-on:

http://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog/chickens/Automatic-Chicken-Door-p919.aspx

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by