Just want a few

McEgg

In the Brooder
12 Years
Aug 27, 2007
Guthrie, Ok
does anyone know of a chick hatchery that sells less than 25 minimum? any hatcheries in Oklahoma? Since the reason for the 25 minimum is warmth, I was hoping to find a place in the state and I could pick them up myself. Amazing how much difficulty I am having in finding a hatchery in Oklahoma that sells hens/pullets/chicks. Lots of guinea and quail though.
thanks!

Meyerhatchery.com sells minimums of 3 chicks. They do charge an extra shipping fee for less than 25 chicks, but are in Ohio, so not too far to have to ship them.

I ordered 7 chicks from them, and they sent 8 and all arrived VERY healthy on Tues, when they were less than 24 hrs old...

My guys are 3 weeks old today and all doing very well. I'd recommend them and order from them again.

Susan

mypetchicken.com sells as low as three because they give the chickens a special heating pad. Their customer service is awesome. Traci (person that picks up the phone) Is incredibly nice and helpful. I got my chicks from there, they are all happy and healthy.

There is a hatchery in wewoka I have been looking into. Country Hatchery 15 chick minumum where in the state are you located I am also in Oklahoma and have been looking I do have a list of all the hatcheries in the state. If you would like I can email it to you.

Sbox, where are you located? My aunt and uncle live in Slapout, near the panhandle. They get their chicks from a hatchery just into Texas that's less than an hour away. I could get the name, if you'd like.

Anytime you see an eggs for sale sign it could be a possible place to aquire a few chicks. Most people love to talk chicken, and could steer you in the right direction to other neighbors if they don't....

bigzio

My Pet Chicken is a good place to go to. Customer service is exceptional, and they hired a few people so that definitely helps even more with the one on one service you get with them. They make you feel like you are the only person in the world that matters. You feel that way because you are the only person that matters at that time. I can tell you that from personal experience. Just my two cents worth.

Last edited:
Quote:
luvzmybabz,

What did you find out about Country Hatchery? I am about 40 miles from Wewoka and just want to get a few chicks.

TIA,

Der Alte

Back
Top Bottom