Just want to make sure about these before I do something wrong.

Billyj

Songster
10 Years
Jan 20, 2010
Gaffney SC
I want to make sure I am getting these correct as to the sex of them before I get rid of my girls by accident. These are about 3-4 weeks old.

#1 - Boy??

47455_219.jpg

#2 (in front) ?? #3 (behind) Girl??

47455_220.jpg

#4 Girl ??
47455_222.jpg

Now let me stump you with this question.
I got these from a student of mine and she said the the hens were red and the roo was white. (She does not know what kind they are) So I am thinking at first all boys. I spoke with her mother and she told me that when the parents were little they were all white like these, but the hens grew, changed, or whatever you want to call it to red hens. So if that helps, what kind of chickens are they (other than mutts) What kind of crosses are they if you can tell. Thanks.

Last edited:
They look like white leghorns to me... the first 1 roo and the other 3 hens. I'd get some more opinions first.

Sexes are correct.

Do they mean yellow as chicks, and feathered out red?

Honestly, I wouldn't know the cross untill they grew up and body type could be seen for what it is. Leghorns don't come in red, so these are likely mix-breeds IMHO.

Yep Yellow as chicks, white now, am thinking if they do what the lady tells me, will eventually be red. I don't know, but it is a mystery. As far as the leghorn aspect goes, these came from brown eggs. So I guess it is a waiting game.

Back
Top Bottom