Just want to triple check...Is this size of a cage a good size for my quails?

Those sound too small. You may also want to reconsider homing different species together unless you have an actual aviary. They may get along okay now, but that probably won't last. Even if your coturnix don't actively attack your button, it may get injured just due to the size difference.

Those sound too small. You may also want to reconsider homing different species together unless you have an actual aviary. They may get along okay now, but that probably won't last. Even if your coturnix don't actively attack your button, it may get injured just due to the size difference.
I might not be the best as telling the breeds I think. I was going based off of pictures and my friend also wasn't sure. I think the one I think is button is just another Coturnix with a different color type. It's pretty much the same size. That unknown one though, yes, you are right. I am a bit worried about the size. I am getting a bigger cage (40x26x19) and will get an extra smaller one just incase she needs to be separated. I will have to find her a new home or a sanctuary I think though cause I don't want to keep her by herself (heard they don't do too well alone). I'll just have to wait and see what they are like once I get them, but I'll be sure to watch them and make sure to separate if needed! Not trying to do a whole aviary thing. Just more keeping them as well cared for outside animals who will occasionally give me eggs in return for good care. lol. I happen to have the space and the time and money to care for them properly and they needed a good home. Hopefully I can get it right! I do love research so doing all I can to prepare in the time I have.

Back
Top Bottom