Just wanted to brag on my hens!

boykin2010

Crowing
12 Years
Sep 26, 2010
South Georgia
I kept track of my 10 hens egg production for the month of January and they laid 168 eggs. I got an average of 5.5 eggs a day! 168 eggs is 14 dozen so i figured out how much money my chickens are saving me a month! A dozen organic eggs at the grocery store where i live is 3.80. If i got 14 dozen that means it wouldve cost me 53 dollars at the grocery store. I paid 12 dollars for chicken feed this month so in all i saved 41 dollars.

This isnt even counting how many dozen i sold because my family only eats about 1 or 2 dozen a week.

Just thought that this info was interesting. Do any of yall keep track of your eggs or am i just really obsessed with chickens?
hide.gif

Show off!
wink.png
Good for you and your hens. They deserve a nice treat now. And no you aren't the only one obsessed, there are plenty of threads dedicated to "how many eggs did you get?" I have no doubt they could save you money. I spend extra to buy the cage free and who knows if their lives are any better than the caged ones. And you didn't say what breed your hens are. Inquiring minds want to know!

I had just totaled my amounts last night for Nov, Dec, Jan., those 3 months combined I got 446 from 8 chickens!!! & they just started laying in Nov.
Those #'s make me very happy!!!
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif

My breeds of chickens are on my subscript. AWESOME blueberrychicken! You must have some pretty good layers. Usually when my new pullets begin to lay they lay really good for about 2 weeks then they quit for like a month then they lay normally....

Back
Top Bottom