Just wanting to say hello...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by malia, Feb 26, 2008.

1. malia

malia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    GA
    About a year ago I bought a house with 3 acres and have been threatening to get chickens. Well the time has come and I've got 25 of them on their way March 19th. I am SOOO nervous. I already have my brooder set up and am in the process of trying to build a 8ftX12ft coop attached to a 10ftx24ft run for starters (I have never built a thing in my life). I am wondering, since I live in GA when you all think the chicks would arrive. I also would like to say that most everyone on this site seems great and I have learned an enormous amount of info just reading, rereading posts. So, thank you all.

This waiting thing is NO fun at all!

2. bamagirl68

bamagirl68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2007
    central alabama
    Welcome to BYC! You will learn alot here. Someone is always posting interesting and informative things. what part of Ga do you live ?

3. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    Welcome to the "chicken channel" with all these wonderful folks on here that are all truly chicken fanatics. Glad to have you. [​IMG]

4. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome aboard, you'll find yourself here instead of the tv.

5. malia

Feb 21, 2008
    GA
    I live in middle Ga, Byron to be exact. I find myself at this computer whenever I get a free moment. This chicken stuff is very addictive. I wonder if there is a rehab center close by.

6. malia

Feb 21, 2008
    GA
    Sorry, I forgot to mention the chicks are coming from Ideal.

7. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Welcome aboard. Great group of people here and tons of expertise in all things poultry.

Rehab ... Why would anyone here want to go to rehab when we are having so much fun?

Chickens are a great stress reliever, once you get past the first chick nerves.

You may just get them on the 20th. Ideal seems to ship early enough in the day to catch early postal connections. I would be phoning your postal outlet a few days in advance to let them know they are coming.

8. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Welcome!!

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Welcome! It usually takes 2 days from the time of shipment for the chicks to arrive at your local PO for pick up.

10. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Hi and welcome, Malia!

What breeds did you order?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by