Just wanting to say hello...

malia

Songster
11 Years
Feb 21, 2008
GA
About a year ago I bought a house with 3 acres and have been threatening to get chickens. Well the time has come and I've got 25 of them on their way March 19th. I am SOOO nervous. I already have my brooder set up and am in the process of trying to build a 8ftX12ft coop attached to a 10ftx24ft run for starters (I have never built a thing in my life). I am wondering, since I live in GA when you all think the chicks would arrive. I also would like to say that most everyone on this site seems great and I have learned an enormous amount of info just reading, rereading posts. So, thank you all.

This waiting thing is NO fun at all!

Welcome to the "chicken channel" with all these wonderful folks on here that are all truly chicken fanatics. Glad to have you.
yippiechickie.gif

I live in middle Ga, Byron to be exact. I find myself at this computer whenever I get a free moment. This chicken stuff is very addictive. I wonder if there is a rehab center close by.

Welcome aboard. Great group of people here and tons of expertise in all things poultry.

Rehab ... Why would anyone here want to go to rehab when we are having so much fun?

Chickens are a great stress reliever, once you get past the first chick nerves.

You may just get them on the 20th. Ideal seems to ship early enough in the day to catch early postal connections. I would be phoning your postal outlet a few days in advance to let them know they are coming.

Back
Top Bottom