Just when I thought I'd seen it all...

Tala

Flock Mistress
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
Benton (Saline County) AR
Per my Christmas wish we did get Dusti spayed today!
celebrate.gif
No more heat cycles or possibilities of accidental breeding! Yay!

I thought I'd seen it all when I learned about "silent heat" . . . . which Dusti tried to pull off on us this time around with almost no bleeding or "warning" signs. But she finally came around and she was swollen and my neutered male was TRYIN his best to get jiggy (he's been neutered since he was a pup so no leftover swimmers to worry about) so I told the vet that we wanted to get her done but we could wait till she came out of heat. They said they would do it anyway, but an extra $30 charge for extra fluids. Ok we can do that, I really wanted to get her done before everyone takes off for Christmas vacations.
So when I go to pick her up they said she wasn't in heat so no extra charges. WTH? I know she didn't bleed much, but all the male dogs in the area sure couldn't all be wrong. Maybe she was at the very end of her cycle as I didn't get a good "day count" on it this time around, but really now.....

Eh. I guess I should be glad it didn't cost extra
hu.gif
but kinda make me wonder about my vet...

clap.gif
That's great! Don't have to worry about introducing more pups into the world. Must be much less stressful now too.
smile.png

Yeah last year we had a different vet. They wanted $300+ and I was unemployed. Har har But we did do good keeping her in, no puppies for us!

We got a vet recommendation from my new boss after I got a new job though, and I like them pretty well so far. Plus it was cheaper to boot.
clap.gif

Quote:
So far she is doing better than any of my other pets have done
big_smile.png
Sleeping a lot of course, but she perked up and came to me when I picked her leash up off the table to clean. She heard it rattle and she wasn't about to get left behind!! She also has some appetite. The vet just said to go easy with the food tonight. Can't wait to try to get the pain pills in her tomorrow LOL the vet really didn't know what she was asking when she said 2 pills a day. Dusti is an expert pill-avoid-er. I'd better buy some bacon.....I think that's her kryptonite.

I think they've made great bounds in anesthetics since my first dog got spayed many years ago. Much less side effects these days it seems.

I have 4 dogs, 3 have pain issues..... so I'm constantly popping pills in the dogs... I love this thing! Takes a second to give the dogs their pills and they can't spit em out!

FW01915_99.jpg
They're about 3.00$ and worth the investment!

Quote:
This time they gave her chewables, which she ate like a treat this morning, very grudgingly.... Hehehe it helps that we have another dog now. I think she mainly ate it "so he wouldn't get it"
lol.png

lol Whatever works! That thing would have come in handy when she had Keflix capsules last year for an infected hot spot. I guess they tasted bad? By the end of her dosage she wouldn't even eat Velveeta for fear that it might contain "something nasty"
tongue.gif

She's acting much more like her old self tonight, and I'm sure she'll feel even better after I give her a WHOLE meal for dinner tonight.

Back
Top Bottom