Kate's Sassy Seramas

I also candled te eggs from my birds that are on day 5, I have 100% fertility! I'm really happy

I also candled te eggs from my birds that are on day 5, I have 100% fertility! I'm really happy

That's great!!

For whatever reason the fertility of my birds is dropping; down to about 50%. Maybe because the rooster is young. But somehow I am not too disappointed right now-less chicks hatching also means less to cull. And it is getting hard to get anyone to take roosters.

That's great!!

For whatever reason the fertility of my birds is dropping; down to about 50%. Maybe because the rooster is young. But somehow I am not too disappointed right now-less chicks hatching also means less to cull. And it is getting hard to get anyone to take roosters.

I would think that's what it is. The younger roosters have a hard time until they are older...

I'm very thrilled with how this is all going! I have a really small roo growing out that is very vertical! In the same batch is a chocolate mottled hen that is vertical as well with a nice back from truffles line! I'm keeping them and my frizzle roo has a nice looking comb growing and the other 2 are girls. My recent broody appears to have hatched 4 girls! I've been having 100 percent fertility and 90ish percent hatch rate! I have plans for more breeding pens! I just hope I don't have to much bad luck at once after all of this good luck!

I'm very thrilled with how this is all going! I have a really small roo growing out that is very vertical! In the same batch is a chocolate mottled hen that is vertical as well with a nice back from truffles line! I'm keeping them and my frizzle roo has a nice looking comb growing and the other 2 are girls. My recent broody appears to have hatched 4 girls! I've been having 100 percent fertility and 90ish percent hatch rate! I have plans for more breeding pens! I just hope I don't have to much bad luck at once after all of this good luck!

Bad luck. That's where I'm at on so many levels. I wish you the best. May fortune and good luck always be yours.

I have some eggs hatching in my incubator. Seramas are extremely hard to hatch and I had low hatch rates from my flock. I won some Silkie eggs and decided to throw in some Serama eggs just for the heck of it. This hatch was about the Silkie eggs so I had the humidity at 35% (as recommend by the woman who sent the eggs) for me that was a dry hatch and I had the best hatch ever! My Serama eggs thrived! I only had to toss one on day 7. I bumped the humidity up to 60% and all of the Serama eggs pipped and 2 have hatched! It's only day 20 and this is my best hatch yet! You guys might want to try this if you have low hatch rates

I have some eggs hatching in my incubator. Seramas are extremely hard to hatch and I had low hatch rates from my flock. I won some Silkie eggs and decided to throw in some Serama eggs just for the heck of it. This hatch was about the Silkie eggs so I had the humidity at 35% (as recommend by the woman who sent the eggs) for me that was a dry hatch and I had the best hatch ever! My Serama eggs thrived! I only had to toss one on day 7. I bumped the humidity up to 60% and all of the Serama eggs pipped and 2 have hatched! It's only day 20 and this is my best hatch yet! You guys might want to try this if you have low hatch rates

Ra_ mentioned the need for lower humidity too. I wonder if the humidity changes over the course of brooding under a hen. Be interesting to find out; need a new hygrometer first.

Good luck with the hatch! I've tribbles and others hatching this weekend. The humidity is way high; hot and wet almost every day.
sad.png

Ra_ mentioned the need for lower humidity too. I wonder if the humidity changes over the course of brooding under a hen. Be interesting to find out; need a new hygrometer first.

Good luck with the hatch! I've tribbles and others hatching this weekend. The humidity is way high; hot and wet almost every day. :(  

That would be interesting. I think your eggs will be fine. Even if a certain humidity hatched eggs better in an incubator that doesn't mean the same thing for a broody. I have had broodies hatch chicks when it is raining so I don't think it will be a problem for you
1f44d.png
good luck and keep me updated!

I have some pics of chicks that are from @shahtir101

This is from Rocco, I can't remember if she posted a pic of him.

This is a very blurry picture of another rocco baby

This is another rocco baby, Poses better than this but she was sleepy

This is a truffles baby, I think she is the darkest chocolate one that truffles has had! lol

And this is a chick from Her silkied pair, Looking good!

Again not sure if she has posted pics of parent birds, I just thought I should post a pic of babies!

This is from Rocco, I can't remember if she posted a pic of him. This is a very blurry picture of another rocco baby This is another rocco baby, Poses better than this but she was sleepy This is a truffles baby, I think she is the darkest chocolate one that truffles has had! lol And this is a chick from Her silkied pair, Looking good! Again not sure if she has posted pics of parent birds, I just thought I should post a pic of babies!
They are lookin awesome
1f44d.png
1f44d.png

Back
Top Bottom