Keats

Donnaebale

Hatching
May 27, 2021
Hello everyone,
We need some help desperately. We have an incubator that we have filled with guinea fowl eggs, we are keeping them at 37 degrees and about 65% humidity. We dont seem to have any luck at all with them hatching. We have had one hatch but it died unzipping itself. The eggs don't even seem to get much of a blood ring. They are about 21 days in now and they eggs seem to have a lot of dark in them but we can't see any movement. We are really upset about this as we have been reading up about it and this is our second go now and the same happened last time.
Many thanks

Hello everyone,
We need some help desperately. We have an incubator that we have filled with guinea fowl eggs, we are keeping them at 37 degrees and about 65% humidity. We dont seem to have any luck at all with them hatching. We have had one hatch but it died unzipping itself. The eggs don't even seem to get much of a blood ring. They are about 21 days in now and they eggs seem to have a lot of dark in them but we can't see any movement. We are really upset about this as we have been reading up about it and this is our second go now and the same happened last time.
Many thanks
Your humidity is too high for the incubation phase. You have to use low enough humidity that the air cell can grow big enough to support the keet from internal pip to actual hatching.

I incubate my guinea eggs at 30% to 35% humidity during the incubation phase and increase the humidity to 65% to 70% for lockdown.

Some people can get away with up to 50% humidity during incubation. The important thing is to keep the humidity low enough for the air cell to get to the proper size.

Your humidity is too high for the incubation phase. You have to use low enough humidity that the air cell can grow big enough to support the keet from internal pip to actual hatching.

I incubate my guinea eggs at 30% to 35% humidity during the incubation phase and increase the humidity to 65% to 70% for lockdown.

Some people can get away with up to 50% humidity during incubation. The important thing is to keep the humidity low enough for the air cell to get to the proper size.
Thank you For your advice.

Back
Top Bottom