Kebonnixs Incubator & Govee

Darn. I’m worried it’s going to break them. The reviews showed several people hatching coturnix quail in them but no explanation on how they managed it.

Is this crack significant enough that I should throw it out? I just noticed it and when I looked at the candling pictures it was on there, must have overlooked it...

Attachments

• 36FDAB81-5911-4DD1-9FA6-817582D0FE4B.jpeg
    36FDAB81-5911-4DD1-9FA6-817582D0FE4B.jpeg
    211.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 138987BA-045A-4219-98D3-B1028DE50648.jpeg
    138987BA-045A-4219-98D3-B1028DE50648.jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 5
Can't help you with the crack.

Not sure how it would break them. It's super gentle when it turns. You may need to wedge cardboard in each "stall" though to make them smaller. It doesn't turn a lot when it turns. The quail eggs may be too small for it to really work without rigging something up.

I watched it on the test cycle and they definitely move lol. In fact, one or two of them rolled end over end and hit the far side of the slot, hence my concern.

When I put paper inserts in, even with the tape, it was all over the place and the paper ended up sliding out of place and gumming up the works. It was not something I could test without eggs in the incubator unfortunately. I am working home and they’re in my office so I can just check on them. They only seem to not turn if they get wedged into a corner.

I watched it on the test cycle and they definitely move lol. In fact, one or two of them rolled end over end and hit the far side of the slot, hence my concern.

When I put paper inserts in, even with the tape, it was all over the place and the paper ended up sliding out of place and gumming up the works. It was not something I could test without eggs in the incubator unfortunately. I am working home and they’re in my office so I can just check on them. They only seem to not turn if they get wedged into a corner.
Maybe try putting shelf liner down? I didn't think they'd be that violently tossed! Good grief lol.

It’s absurd, lol! I don’t know how other people did it with this darn thing, and I’m beginning to wish I’d shelled out the extra cash for a Brinsea.

Not sure if the shelf liner would help (but I can go buy some), the issue seems to be due to the diminutive nature of the eggs they don’t roll evenly across the slots, and when they get misaligned they can sometimes do funky stuff.

Dear Amazon review people: post your darn secrets, not just your hatch day photos!!!

Ugh. Maybe I’m being paranoid, this sort of thing always kicks me right in the anxiety, lol. The toddler got overexcited and bumped the little chair I have them on in the office closet and I just about had a heart attack. Made her cry, I felt awful. This is why they’re locked in a closet though, lol.

I use this incubator for buttons and coturnix and had no problems besides the turner i learned earlier on not to double up and if u do u have to fit the right shaped coturnix to the right shaped one and face them fat end to fat end or pointy to pointy which ever worked , i mostly use it for button quail now

Also are you opening it a lot ?? Never seen temp that high unless its by a window or u opened it

It’s absurd, lol! I don’t know how other people did it with this darn thing, and I’m beginning to wish I’d shelled out the extra cash for a Brinsea.

Not sure if the shelf liner would help (but I can go buy some), the issue seems to be due to the diminutive nature of the eggs they don’t roll evenly across the slots, and when they get misaligned they can sometimes do funky stuff.

Dear Amazon review people: post your darn secrets, not just your hatch day photos!!!

Ugh. Maybe I’m being paranoid, this sort of thing always kicks me right in the anxiety, lol. The toddler got overexcited and bumped the little chair I have them on in the office closet and I just about had a heart attack. Made her cry, I felt awful. This is why they’re locked in a closet though, lol.
I use shelf liner it helps lol

Attachments

• 20210419_100625.jpg
    20210419_100625.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210419_100632.jpg
    20210419_100632.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210419_100635.jpg
    20210419_100635.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 4

Back