Keene, NH Sun. June 14th, 2009 Chickenstock @ Agway

I am lookiing for guinea for friends , and cant seem to find any untill after the 15th
barnie.gif

But I am bringing"

straight run bantam feather feets:
9 week old French Lops

2 Palomino breed rabbits 9 weeks old( out of GrandChampion stock <sigh>)

1 flemish giant rabbit

a few adult French Lops

Pigeons
2 male cockateils (1 special needs)

I may bring a couple Tom Slate Turkeys if any one is interested.

Totes, some Maple Syrup, and maybe some other yard sale type stuff.

Thanks for the tips on figuring out which of my chicks are the Barred Rocks. Unfortunately, pictures of adult roosters are not the most helpful. My babies are ONLY 4 wks and are also PULLETS. LOL So none of mine look remotely like those pics. Sorry!
smile.png

I need to go get me a couple of boxes from the attic. Once i separate them into groups of what i think they are, how about i post some pics and tell you what i think they are. Then you can tell me if you think i got it right or not?

One more question.... and I apologize if I'm being the annoying newbie
cool.png

Would a coop sell? Would it be worth it to me to hurry up and finish a coop that I'm building (4x3) to bring it? I could just put it in the bed of the truck. I'm not going to be using the coop, I just built it...... for no real reason I guess. Maybe to see if I could easily build a nice, easy to sell coop. And I thought if I felt like keeping it I could use it to separate breeds when I want/need to.

Thoughts?

Quote:
It might sell, you never know. Do you know how much you're asking for it?

I built our own coop---but it's big (8x10) and not movable. I may be building a smaller one for breeding my Salmon Faverolles. I love carpentry. My hubby OTOH can't do carpentry to save his life, poor man! LOL

Oh, that reminds me, i need to finish getting pictures uploaded of my coop project. I have so many pics, i am making an album hosted by Snapfish---i can share the link to it when it's all together.

Quote:
It might sell, you never know. Do you know how much you're asking for it?

I built our own coop---but it's big (8x10) and not movable. I may be building a smaller one for breeding my Salmon Faverolles. I love carpentry. My hubby OTOH can't do carpentry to save his life, poor man! LOL

Oh, that reminds me, i need to finish getting pictures uploaded of my coop project. I have so many pics, i am making an album hosted by Snapfish---i can share the link to it when it's all together.

I love carpentry, too!

It won't be expensive, but I'm going to make it super pretty. The base is a big quality wood pallet from my pellets. You can only see that from the underside though.

Materials really weren't all that expensive because I use a lot of leftovers here.

Quote:
Swanzey Lake and Wilson pond are closer...BOTH stocked...just recently...with rainbow trout!! Need I say more!!

Oh, man, now hubby's really going to want to go fishing! LOL

Quote:
I was thinking about bringing a few of my layers...EE's....

My 25 chicks I'm bringing are all hatchery sexed pullets...and all bought for egg layers...

RIR, EE'S, Hubbard Golden Comets (the mother of all layers brown egg layer), and Barred Rocks.

Back
Top Bottom