keeping a chicken in the house during winter

Quote:
How do you apply this?
hmm.png
Does this stay on securely? My reason for asking is that I have an injured rooster in the house and would like to try it, if it is practicle.

Quote:
How do you apply this?
hmm.png
Does this stay on securely? My reason for asking is that I have an injured rooster in the house and would like to try it, if it is practicle.

While I've not done it, I had one of my hen's in the house overnight last month, as she decided to get her chest all wet(my guess is she flew into/bumped the waterer) which of course all froze... ugh. Anyway, after having the "Experience" of trying to use an old t-shirt (only mildly effective) to contain/manage it the mask seems like a wonderful idea.

Here is how I would try it:
First, there are options, who knew? So here is a pic of many types: http://www.shopmedvet.com/product/1772/16
I'd
choose the rectangle type with the tie on ends, though the stiff one could work well too.
I'd put in a paper towel or other type of absorbent to aid.
Then put between legs in a manner that does not interfere with their legs/walking too much, the ties would work great because you could tie the opposite corners together in a cross on top of the chicken, should hold well. Baby powder probably not needed, lol.

Hee hee!
lol.png
This seems so funny. I didn't know there were options. I can't beleive I am actually thinking about doing this. They are pretty cost effective as well. Hubby just looks at me and shakes his head.
tongue.png
It is sort of neat having the roo in the house and hearing him crow from indoors. Don't know if the others like it or not. Ha. Ha.

btw....Thanks for the info.

Quote:
big_smile.png
Careful though, when you send him back out he will tell and they will all be mad at you for hiding this magic warm place with TV and such! lol
lau.gif

Well you could probably use a female sanitary napkin for the absorbant but you would still need to tie it or something cuz you would not want to stick that to his feathers. I guess a G-String might hold it up rather well...
gig.gif
Oh the image in my head!

Oh and don't tell his Rooster buddies, they will never let him live it down!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom