Keeping call ducks indoor??

Hi all,

I currently live in a townhouse without yard but I have a spare room in my house that I can use for whatever I want. Will keeping a couple of drakes possible indoor? (As I think they’re way more quiet than female) I have a park nearby me that I can walk them daily and I know there’s different solutions like diapers for house ducks. A lot of people mention waterfowl are very hard to take care of. I can also fill bathtub up or get a pool in the room I mentioned before too, and I know they can’t walk on hard surface so I plan to use pine shaving for their area. Will those chicken coop on Amazon work well as a house for them? Also can call duck be harness trained as I see a lot of people harness trained their normal size ducks. Lastly I want to know is it necessary to clip their wings? Especially in an indoor situation I do feel bad taking away their flight ability. I currently also own three doves and two conures so I do have basic knowledge on taking care of birds.

Thank you for reading this.
I guess if the room had toilet plumbing with water inlet you could create a mini pool for it to drink bathe swim.

I think a better solution is having a shed sized duck coop and modifying it so humans can stay inside, like a hammock.

Either way, like others said they need daily outdoor free ranging.

Re: chicken coop. Ground floor coops ok but first floor chicken coops with stairs is absolutely no way.

Back
Top Bottom