Keeping Eggs Cold

redtree57

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 11, 2010
Anson
When my pullets start laying well, I will start taking them to town once or twice a week. I have a second fridge at home for eggs. I'll have to keep them cold when I take them to town with no electricity. Sweetie got me an ice chest, but I can't get it at the correct temp. I need to do this to comply with the Egglaw in Texas.

Anyone have ideas on keeping eggs cold.

I don't store mine in the fridge, just on the counter... but that's in an A/C controlled house.

If your temps are really warm then cooling is a must I guess...

Hmmmm... ice just like when camping is my first thought.
hu.gif

Like PenappleMama, I leave mine on the counter as well and very few of my egg buyers request them refrigerated. If I have to transport cold eggs, I use those hot/cold thermal insulated shopping bags with ice packs inside just to keep the bag continuously cold. (I picked up my bags at Wallys for a couple of bucks each). I just stand the ice packs up on the side of the stack of egg cartons and it keeps them cold up to several hours. At least now you have several options.................... good luck.

I pack ice bottles on top of my eggs when I'm transporting them in a cooler. Works for me.

But if you wan to comply specifically with Texas egg law I'd suggest you contact your state ag department department that is responsible for enforcing it.

Back
Top Bottom