Keeping my Rooster from Crowing

chickieduck

Chirping
Jul 9, 2021
So recently, my rooster has been crowing at 3 in the morning every morning. it doesn’t bother me but im worried it will bother my neighbors. I dont want to get rid of him. I’d rather avoid a crow collar because of the risks it brings. I’ve heard that locking him in the coop at night may help because it keeps it dark and he can’t extend his neck, but does anyone know if that actually works?

Are there some outdoor lights on all night? It's odd to me that he would be crowing in blackness. Typically, roosters begin crowing when they wake up, ie at daybreak, but if there is some other light source, all bets are off.
I think there are some, which is another reason why I wanted to lock him in the coop. It would give him more darkness. I just wanted to make sure that wouldn’t affect the flock too drastically.

My rooster crows randomly at night. I get up for work at 330 am and I often hear him before I get out of bed. Mine are locked in the run but not the coop. As civilization has moved closer to me there are lights from traffic & nearby businesses so it is not as dark out here as it used to be.

Back
Top Bottom