Keeping my Rooster from Crowing

You can at least give the information, in case it helps someone else. 🙂
I cannot remember the name of the toy. LOL
It was a large handheld, kind of a space pistol looking affair that shot a big blast of air. I just made sure i was up and in position before he awoke. Soon as he jumped up on top of roost and reared back, i blasted him with a ball of air. After a couple weeks i just monitored him for a few days to make sure he would start to stretch his neck then sit down and mumble to himself.

I cannot remember the name of the toy. LOL
It was a large handheld, kind of a space pistol looking affair that shot a big blast of air. I just made sure i was up and in position before he awoke. Soon as he jumped up on top of roost and reared back, i blasted him with a ball of air. After a couple weeks i just monitored him for a few days to make sure he would start to stretch his neck then sit down and mumble to himself.
Wham-o air blaster? https://www.elsewherecomics.com/buylist/toys-guns/whamo_airblaster__1960s/227503

I have never before even thought about what makes a rooster crow, because noise has never been one of my peeves. The only problem i have ever had with mine or my neighbor (s) roosters began with this O/P. So apparently y"all are the problem.
I have; since reading this post; noticed a couple local roosters crowing before any out of the ordinary lights came on. So i am wondering if it may be triggered by unusual sounds or movement. Though movement does not sound very efficient for survival. I am leaning more toward the old "jungle drums"/"smoke signals" of yore. Rodger began sometime between 4:30 and 5 this morning. No lights that where not there when he retired every evening for over two years. But i think, stress "i think", i heard the faint crow of a distant rooster just before Rodger"s. It was ghostly quiet at that time no movement that i could sense. And no sound but the normal raucuos noise of the "kaddy-dids" in my ears.
I forgot to mention, Rodger only crowed once then went back to sleep.

Last edited:
Are there some outdoor lights on all night? It's odd to me that he would be crowing in blackness. Typically, roosters begin crowing when they wake up, ie at daybreak, but if there is some other light source, all bets are off.
Our roos will crow in the night too but not every night.

I think noises will set them off, playing this
gets an immediate response from my Roos, Jimi Hendrix sets them off but not as well.
Before I brought them in at night, something got them crowing, and I'm sure it was some noise-not from me, but sound triggers them.

I think noises will set them off, playing this
gets an immediate response from my Roos, Jimi Hendrix sets them off but not as well.
Before I brought them in at night, something got them crowing, and I'm sure it was some noise-not from me, but sound triggers them.
Hendrix sets me off too! :gig

Back
Top Bottom