keeping water bucket from freezing

The Thermo Cube is an added control to the dog bowl. The device does not prevent freezing. It cuts off electricity when temperatures are above freezing. Consider the fact that the heated dog bowl will not work forever. The thermostatic control device inside can fail. It can fail and remain in the on position or off. My coffee makes usually fail every so often and the thermostats usually are in the constant on position. The coffee is hotter than 7734. I toss the coffee maker and replace. The thermostatic control in your dog bowl is based on the same technology, but different temperature range. Nothing lasts forever.
Please note that I state... " I still like to use it with a Thermo Cube"
I never say you must use a Thermo Cube.

A comparison would be an automobile with seat belts and air bags. You can have with one or the other , or none at all. It is best to have both.
Another comparison may be the the power strips used for appliances, ETC. They have a reset breaker in them. It is an added feature not totally necessary since your electrical panel already has fuses/circuit breakers.

@cavemanrich
Heres what my waterer looks like. I've not had any cold nights yet but I think it'l work.
At the moment, I have it set to 15c just to test. Last night it went down to 3c and the water temp was 15c stable all night, the foam insulation had a lot to do with it too.

It uses a 100 watt ceramic heat emitter instead of a bulb, you can't tell from the pictures but just above the emitter, is a thick tile. The tile is the heatsink so the emitter doesn't focus all that energy on one spot on the bucket. Made it kind of like my incubator.
It also supplies the two quail cages too.
It might look a little extreme but after last winters watering issues, I'm willing to try anything.
View attachment 1158692
View attachment 1158693 View attachment 1158694
View attachment 1158696 View attachment 1158697
Great setup.:thumbsup The insulation keeps the heat from escaping

Back
Top Bottom