Keet colors 😍

AMoritz

Songster
Jul 12, 2018
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Just got new babies in and I'm so excited for these! I think I know some of the colors, but not all of them. I see violet, blonde, bronze, and pinto. But I can't figure out what the others are, especially the suuujper dark one. He has stripes on his head but none on his back.

What colors do you see?! 🤔🤔

Attachments

• 20220707_095502.jpg
    20220707_095502.jpg
    756.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220707_095456.jpg
    20220707_095456.jpg
    622.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220707_095445.jpg
    20220707_095445.jpg
    752 KB · Views: 2
My tablet will only let me have 10 text boxes, so 11,12,13 are the three w/o numbers, 13 at top, 12 in middle:
1&4 are blonde
2,3,5,8,12, I can't see all well enough- these 5 colors are similar to each other:
Royal Purple - brown with small irregular black striping on the back and the top of the head. The face, front of the neck, belly, and wings are white.
Bronze- similar to royal purple
Pearl gray- brown with black stripes and markings and a tan underside.
Brown- similar in color to the Pearl Gray keets, only slightly lighter
Chocolate-near white with tan irregular stripes on the head and back
6 - pinto
7,10,11,13- pewter or violet-
VIOLET-rusty red color with a white belly and wings,
PEWTER- solid rusty red color like slate keets, only a little lighter in color. Side by side the violet has the darker cap on its head.
9- SLATE- solid rusty red color with no stripes.
Screenshot_20220708-084429_Chrome.jpg

Thank you! I've been going slowly trying to figure them out as well and this is what I've come up with 👇. (I do know that royal purple is not in this mix because they're not supposed to be in the package I ordered - although that doesn't mean it can't happen. Lol 🤣 )

I'm not sure about the dark one being slate, he's not a rusty red - he's a chocolate brown no red/rust anywhere. 🤔 he does appear to be pied though since the white only comes halfway up his wings.

Here's a few better pics of him.

I think the bottom blue question mark is cinnamon....??
20220707_095502~2.jpg
20220708_172302.jpg
20220708_172243.jpg
20220708_172246.jpg

Thank you! I've been going slowly trying to figure them out as well and this is what I've come up with 👇. (I do know that royal purple is not in this mix because they're not supposed to be in the package I ordered - although that doesn't mean it can't happen. Lol 🤣 )

I'm not sure about the dark one being slate, he's not a rusty red - he's a chocolate brown no red/rust anywhere. 🤔 he does appear to be pied though since the white only comes halfway up his wings.

Here's a few better pics of him.

I think the bottom blue question mark is cinnamon....?? View attachment 3178914View attachment 3178919View attachment 3178921View attachment 3178924
He looks rusty on my screen but that happens. He does have that shaggy coat, though. Mixed calls it a "foxy" look. Here's a collage of GF's pics-
20220608_162727.jpg
and here's my slates:
20220608_102510.jpg

Not sure where you got yours- I picked my colors, ordered "coral blue", but Lil Blue looks an awful lot like my lavender as it gets bigger.
Chocolate will be lighter than bronze, so I think I'd switch those,Pastel I completely spaced, think you're right on that.
I had mine all figured out & then forgot about it. This is my first time with the newer colors, and it's interesting watching them change week to week, bc they're patchwork quilts at the moment. 😍

I am ridiculously excited for guinea color genetics! I've ordered some buff, opaline, coral blue, royal purple, and grey pearls. Trying to edit to also add sky blue and violets. I think I'm going to avoid brown/chocolate with how dominant the color seems.

I am ridiculously excited for guinea color genetics! I've ordered some buff, opaline, coral blue, royal purple, and grey pearls. Trying to edit to also add sky blue and violets. I think I'm going to avoid brown/chocolate with how dominant the color seems.
I really like my Chocolates. Nothing is more dominant than Pearl Gray.

I know that 1 will be a pain. I was looking at the International site's color charting, But they seem like a necessary evil to to get some of the other options? I think the chocolates are beautiful.
I have no Pearl Grays. i have one Lavender hen, Coral Blues, Sky Blues, Chocolates and one Royal Purple.

I regularly produce Royal Purples and Chocolates from the pairing of a Chocolate cock and a Coral Blue hen. I used to have a Powder Blue cock. When he would mate with the Royal Purple hen, they would produce some Violets.

The only thing you need Pearl Grays for is to produce other Pearl Grays.

Back
Top Bottom