Keet colors šŸ˜

I have no Pearl Grays. i have one Lavender hen, Coral Blues, Sky Blues, Chocolates and one Royal Purple.

I regularly produce Royal Purples and Chocolates from the pairing of a Chocolate cock and a Coral Blue hen. I used to have a Powder Blue cock. When he would mate with the Royal Purple hen, they would produce some Violets.

The only thing you need Pearl Grays for is to produce other Pearl Grays.
I'd like to keep an option for showing open.

Thank you! I've been going slowly trying to figure them out as well and this is what I've come up with šŸ‘‡. (I do know that royal purple is not in this mix because they're not supposed to be in the package I ordered - although that doesn't mean it can't happen. Lol šŸ¤£ )

I'm not sure about the dark one being slate, he's not a rusty red - he's a chocolate brown no red/rust anywhere. šŸ¤” he does appear to be pied though since the white only comes halfway up his wings.

Here's a few better pics of him.

I think the bottom blue question mark is cinnamon....?? View attachment 3178914View attachment 3178919View attachment 3178921View attachment 3178924
I have one very like this except much stripier in the brown part. His feathers remind me of a baby bunny!

I am ridiculously excited for guinea color genetics! I've ordered some buff, opaline, coral blue, royal purple, and grey pearls. Trying to edit to also add sky blue and violets. I think I'm going to avoid brown/chocolate with how dominant the color seems.
Your dominant is PG. RP genetics lead to debate every time bc there's a chart that says (x) +(y) = , but some who breed attentively have different results.
PG is the original color of wild guineas, so it's always dominant if present. I *think* it's the blues that has no PG in them. If I'm wrong, it'll be corrected quickly.
Example, I had eggs from a male BD & 2 hens 1 PG, 1 lavender. I ended up w/all PG except one brown. - she looked like her BD daddy, but had brown patches, sonot a true BD.

Back
Top Bottom